Gigantic 3 Recycling Program
3/13/20: G3 has been temporarily suspended by order of the Department of Public Works until further notice due to an abundance of safety for our staff and volunteers. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please check back for any updates.
The Gigantic 3 program is a free bulky item drop off service which allows residents to get rid of unwanted household items at various locations around the City, and usually coincides with Public Works’ Community Clean Team events. APACC partners with Recology to provide free bulky item drop off, composing, document shredding, and hosts Goodwill ONE SATURDAY A MONTH in TWO district locations from 8 AM to 12 PM (may end 11:30 AM depending if junk containers fill up quickly).
- Green waste and other compostables including yard waste, landscaping debris and all other organic material such as leaves, grass, flowers, tree and brush trimmings, plants, weeds, food scraps, etc.
- Non-recyclable/non-compostable waste including plastic bags, Styrofoam, ceramics, light bulbs, painted or treated wood, etc.
- Large or bulky Items
- Curbside recyclable material (cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles, cardboard and all paper)
- Appliances (water heaters, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers).
- Scrap Metal (any item that contains metal, such as a kitchen chair, lamp, pipes, bird cage, bed frame, etc.).
- Mattresses and Box Springs (including futon mattresses).
- Electronics (including stereo equipment, VCR’s, old telephones and microwaves).
- Special wastes – The following special waste items can be dropped off at the Gigantic 3 site:
- Used motor oil/oil filters. Place used filters in a plastic bag. Do not mix motor oil with anything!
- All household batteries (non-automotive)
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes (broken tubes will not be accepted)
- We do NOT accept TIRES!
- Goodwill Industries will be onsite to accept donations such as clothes or small appliances in resale condition. Goodwill will also recycle and reuse computer equipment (limit 5 computers per household). Furniture is NOT accepted.
Please note that the schedule below has confirmed dates and confirmed SECONDARY LOCATIONS:
* = Asterisks denote locations that provide shredding services and compost giveaway!
April 25 – SUSPENDED
District 7*: Lowell High School (Enter Winston Drive into Lot 25 SFSU on south side of the school)
District 4: 37th Avenue in front of AP Giannini Middle School (Enter from Ortega Street)
District 2*: Raoul Wallenberg High School (Enter parking lot from Vega Street)
District 6: Treasure Island (810 Avenue D at 9th Street, in Catholic Charities parking lot)
District 1*: Ocean Beach Parking Lot (1000 Great Highway across from Beach Chalet)
District 7: Lake Merced Parking Lot at Sunset Circle (Lake Merced Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard)
District 4*: 37th Avenue in front of AP Giannini Middle School (Enter from Ortega Street)
District 8: James Lick Middle School (Enter from 25th Street into the parking lot)
District 11*: James Denman Middle School (Enter from Seneca Avenue into parking lot)
District 9: John O’ Connell High School (Entrance on Harrison Street into the parking lot)
District 10*: Tennessee Street between 23rd and 24th Street (Enter from 24th on Tennessee Street)
District 5: Rosa Parks Elementary School on Holis Street (Enter from Webster Street onto Ellis Street)
District 6*: Golden Gate Disposal & Recycling on Berry Street (900 7th Street. Enter from De Haro Street)
District 3: Portsmouth Square on Walter U Lum Plaza (enter from Washington Street)
District 5*: Rosa Parks Elementary School on Holis Street (Enter from Webster Street onto Ellis Street)
District 1: Ocean Beach Parking Lot (1000 Great Highway across from Beach Chalet)
Look up your district HERE.
For more information or have questions, call (415) 587-2689 or email email@example.com
Missed a G3 event day? Please visit Recology’s website: https://www.recology.com/recology-san-francisco/bulky-items/